It wasn't long ago that I found myself all dressed up with nowhere to go. That went on for waaaay to long. But that was then, and this is now. The summer is my favorite season because it brings lots to do here in Georgia -- especially in the floral arena of the -- from after afternoon to dusk there is something really special going on July 23 at storied address of the Atlanta Botanical Garden in the heart of the 'City in the Forest."
Beyond dancing, cocktails, drummers and Garden FUN, Summer Party 2022 celebrates a novel take on jewelry making especially from a gardener's point of view. I am overjoyed to be the design partner for this year's event and happy to demonstrate how to make Living Jewelry. It's going to be perfect!
Colonial House of Flowers was established in 1968. It is still family run. Christy Griner Hulsey and daughter Bea Hulsey standing in the rose garden with Living Jewelry in the rose garden at Atlanta Botanical Garden.
Colonial House of Flowers was started in 1968 deep down in the countryside not too far from the Georgia coast. We have moved to Atlanta and are excited to be this year's Summer Party design partner. This is a big opportunity for us. We want to personally invite you to come experience the sights, sounds and love of the garden. This is a very special opportunity to share my floral art with you.
I also like to invite you to meet us in the rose garden for a special CHOF Living Jewelry demonstration where you can make and take something succulent to wear!
Summer Party 2022
About the Event
- Event guests are greeted by the mesmerizing drum beats of local percussionist Frankie Quinones. Look for a special CHOF installation somewhere near here!
- Latin music like Salsa, Timba and Merengue music played by 6-piece C.O.T. Band breezes through the warm air as professional Latin dancers perform and encourage guests to join with basic step instructions on the Great Lawn dance floor.
- Vibrant Cuban dance company Fuego y Hielo and performers from Caribbean Dancers of Atlanta delight guests with pop up performances throughout the evening.
- Celebrated Atlanta street artist Eric Nine live paints a large Garden-inspired mural set to a crowd-pleasing combo of Latin, Caribbean and Contemporary beats by Amp’d DJ at the Skyline Garden.
- Create and take home “Living Jewelry”! Floral designer Christy Hulsey of Colonial House of Flowers will show guests how to create gorgeous bracelets made from succulents and fresh greenery.
- Sand Art Cart and Rock Painting for kids and kids at heart.
- Specialty bars provided by Fizzy Atlanta and Tippy Tap Co.
- Food available for purchase.
Member: $39.95, Non-Member: $44.95, Kid’s (3-12, member or non-member): $36.95
VIP Admission (limited tickets available)
Member: $114.95, Non-Member: $119.95, Kid’s (3-12, member or non-member): $79.95
- No timed reservation required
- Exclusive access to VIP Lounge
- (2) Drink Tickets for 21+ & Private Cash Bars
- Live Latin & Caribbean Cooking Demonstrations & Catered Food Stations
- Mixology demonstrations with tropical craft cocktails
For more details and information on Summer Party and all thins ABG contact the Atlanta Botanical Garden, here.
This awesome party is a great way to witness the giant origami structures taking over the Garden, if you haven't seen them already. Origami in the Garden is there through October 16.
Summer Party 2022 | Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Morris Raney Real Estate