How To Add A Touch Of Boho To A Traditional Set Up For the Free Spirit In All Of Us
How To Add A Touch Of Boho To A Traditional Set Up
Calling all free spirits... whether you are captivated with layering or simply the affordability of shopping vintage and uncontrived, bohemian - this style can easily be infused into your traditional aesthetic. Honestly, it takes creativity to incorporate boho details with elegant, classic decor but when you get it right the results are the most stunning thing.
Maybe you’ve noticed the bohemian home, wedding, event, floral and party trend. It's, for sure, a thing here in Atlanta, Georgia. Maybe you are wondering how to get the look yourself then this DIY guide full of boho decor tips is really going to help you out!
- Be yourself, be scrappy and relax. According to House Beautiful, 30 Bohemian Decor Ideas For The Ultimate Free Spirit, this is the only real rules fo boho decorating.
- Go all in. Mix patterns, colors, textures. The only thing you have to do is make sure it is fun and relaxed. The whimsical touches in boho design are what make it a breathe of fresh air.
- Use texture. Boho always has texture. In floral arrangements you can use wild flowers, grasses, dried fronds, and plants like succulents and air plants. In rooms or outdoor spaces baskets, planters constructed of natural materials, colorful rugs, wood furniture, and even interesting pieces like copper cups, books and wood game sets offer interesting textures.
- Use color. Embrace seasonally fresh color schemes of white, green and pops of warm hues like orange or rich pinks. I recommend using natural colors of the surroundings when creating floral arrangements within this genre and this applies to everything.
- Embrace prints. Feel free to mix prints and patterns. There are no fences when it comes to incorporating prints into boho design. You are free to use different designs on vases, mats, rugs, and containers.
- Don't try to hard. Bringing in a bottle of wine or a s'more is classic when planning parties for example, and you can style it by surrounding it with wood platters, linen napkins and air plants. The abstract look of mixing traditional elements with unexpected details is a classic bohemian move.
- Use flowers and botanicals. Even small spaces can be transformed into bohemian dreams by adding plants and blooms. And, the best part is they don't have to be perfect. It's all about kicking off your sandals and relaxing and being care free.
Just wait until you catch a glimpse of the Paprika Southern Magazine feature Let's Go Glamping, here. Kim Daniel's unreal bohemian inspired arrangement is one that we are happy to be a part. Thank you for including us.
Don't miss out on this big dollop of classic, sweet southern boho below.
Leave a comment