Mid-summer season is my favorite time because it naturally brings lots of outdoor things to do here in Atlanta - especially from a floral perspective. This year is no different. This Saturday on July 22, from afternoon to dusk there is something really special going on at the most storied address in the heart of the 'City in the Forest'-- the Atlanta Botanical Garden.
Christy Griner Hulsey of Colonial House of Flowers, design partner for Summer Party 2023 working near the rose garden with Amy Cate, Event Planner at Atlanta Botanical Garden.
Beyond magical legends, trolls, dancing, cocktails, music, and Garden FUN, the Garden's Summer Party 2022 celebrates a novel take on jewelry-making especially from a gardener's point of view. I am overjoyed to be the design partner for this year's event and happy to demonstrate how to make Living Jewelry. Attendees will make and take home a a succulent ring. It's going to be perfect!
Colonial House of Flowers was started in 1968 deep down in the countryside not too far from the Georgia coast and now call Atlanta home. We are excited to be this year's Summer Party design partner. This is a big opportunity for us. We want to personally invite you to come experience the sights, sounds and love of the garden. This is a very special opportunity to share my floral art with you with a collaborative installation near the life size Tiny Door, VIP room, and the CHOF felt flower bar. Plus, I want to invite you to meet me in the rose garden for a special CHOF Living Jewelry demonstration where you can make and take something succulent to wear!
Summer Party 2023
About the Event
- Event guests will be celebrating the 10th birthday of the legendary Earth Goddess, who sits at the edge of the Garden’s old-growth forest and is known the most enchanting lady in the city
- Hear about the intricate design and care of Earth Goddess from Atlanta Botanical Garden horticulturist, Jim Smith (photo above)
- Watch artist Trahern Cook of Easel Cathedral capture the whole evening on canvas in his live painting
- Sign the special birthday card for Earth Goddess
- See Tiny Doors ATL delight guests with a Life-Size Tiny Door that brings the real life, only double sided Tiny Door that's inside the Atlanta Botanical Garden to life! Look for a special CHOF installation here!
- Embrace the magic of Summer Party by coming dressed as fairies, princesses and other magical mystical characters
- Listen to Chef Pano Karatassos, President and Culinary Director of Buckhead Life Restaurant Group, as he shares his family’s legacy on Atlanta’s culinary scene and presents special Greek recipes with demos in the Outdoor Kitchen. Learn more about Chef Pano on Atlanta Foodcast, here.
- Watch LED Experience Design's Mushroom Flash Mob, Garden Sprite & Flower Fairy magically dance throughout the night
- Enjoy electro-funk DJ sounds of Amp’d Entertainment while indulging in delectables for sale by Party Execs
- Create a video with Spin the City – 360 Video, grab a gelato from Cremalosa, and listen to the lyrical melodies of Unified Sound Choir and Orchestra and the Infinity Show Band
- Work on your moves with Double Dutch Aerobics
- Feels the magic of one of Atlanta’s top magicians, C. Magic Happen
- Create and take home “Living Jewelry”! Floral designer Christy Hulsey of Colonial House of Flowers shows guests how to create a gorgeous ring made from succulents and fresh greenery.
VIP Admission (limited tickets available)
Member: $145, Non-Member: $150
- No timed reservation required.
- Early access starting at 5 p.m., with speciality drink upon arrival and photos at the life-sized Tiny Door with Colonial House of Flowers floral installation
- Exclusive access to VIP Lounge.
- VIP tour
- Chef Pano demonstration
Summer Party 2023 | Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Morris Raney Real Estate
Summer Party 2022 at Atlanta Botanical Garden, colonial house.net
Summer Party, Enchanted Garden, stayhappening.com
10 things to do this weekend, Access Atlanta